Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Modeling the Central Pacific Railroad in HO

Hello everyone!

I'm Nathaniel, a university art student and model railroader, among other things. This is my personal progress modeling blog, where I'll be posting my progress as a model railroader to see how I improve over the course of this project.

It started with Central Pacific #173, an engine I've had interest in for years. I've always wanted to create the most realistic model of it that I can, and so a lot of this blog will be dedicated to progress specifically on that loco.


However, I also have a general interest in the Central Pacific, and intend on modeling out (in rolling stock along at this point, as I have no room for a layout) a lot of the CPRR. I already have a reasonable collection, however from this point on I will be dedicating my modeling to the CP.


I already have completed 2 kitbashes of the 173, the first being of Walt Disney's version, and the second an attempt to replicate it as it appeared in the above photo. I have begun 3D modeling a version based off the actual loco's blueprints, and hopefully when that's finished I'll have a model anybody can 3D print and buy off of Shapeways.

I'll end this post here, as this is just meant to serve as an introduction. See the next post for the actual modeling!


1 comment: